ESLC Economic, Social & Labor Council

Publications

Meeting with Previous Chairman and Vice Chairman of the ESLC

• Read
  • Date
    2024-01-29

Held a meeting with previous Chairman and Vice Chairman of the ESLC

-Shared opinion for its operational direction of social dialogue before the plenary session in the upcoming Feb. -

Economic, Social and Labor Council of the Republic of Korea unveiled its plan to invite previous Chairman and Vice Chairman in order to lead social dialogue including the plenary session of the ESLC on Jan 29 and 31 respectively. The meeting aims to provide a venue to listen success and failure regarding the role and operation method of the ESLC before the Plenary Session which will be held for the first time under the Yoon Suk-yeol's Administration since after 2016.

Chairman Moon-soo KIM said, "I would like to express my deepest gratitude to the all previous Chairman and Vice-Chairman who devoted to the development of our society and social cohesion."

He also added that "Under the national crisis situation such as low growth, low birth rate, and polarization when trade union and management need to be gathered and government must work actively, I will do my best to implement active social dialogue based on the advice and opinions from the Chairman and Vice Chairman."